Through this program measures will be proposed to prevent animals from being killed along the access roads that will be built for the Autazes Project.
- Monitor the roadways;
- Any roadkill found must be, whenever possible, identified and photographed and the location should be georeferenced;
- Construct a databank containing the information collected and identify possible patterns related to the landscape that may affect the rate of roadkill;
- Adopt specific control measures, such as the installation of traffic signs (educational signs and signs listing regulations);
- Control speeds at the locations with the highest rates of roadkill through the installation of speed limiters and rumble strips;
- Install electronic monitoring devices on vehicles;
- Conduct campaigns aimed at the prevention of roadkill through the Environmental Education Program and together with the company’s employees.