Brazil Potash and Somar Soluções have established a collaboration to implement WK Radar ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) modules in order to enhance the management of the company’s purchasing, financial, budgeting, and accounting processes. This partnership will provide Brazil Potash with increased efficiency, dependability, and traceability while also improving the security of the data generated by the business, reinforcing ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) practices.
The new ERP will administrate critical functions for the company, in particular supply chain services and financial processes. Brazil Potash will maximize the value of the ERP for the financial operations at the company including budgeting, tax planning, accounting, managing service contracts, purchasing, and more.
The benefits of using an ERP include:
- Increased Efficiency: Automate business processes, streamlines daily operations and improves workflow.
- Improved Security: An ERP system helps to protect data and information from outside threats by providing secure access to internal data.
- Data Traceability: Manage and track data for better decision-making.
- Cost Savings: Reduces the cost of IT infrastructure and maintenance, and allows for more efficient use of resources.
- Enhanced ESG Practices: Improves sustainability and corporate responsibility, while creating a better work environment.
This partnership between Brazil Potash and Somar Soluções will enable the company to become more efficient and secure, while also helping to improve ESG practices. This will provide a foundation for the company to continue to grow and succeed in the long-term at the critical Autazes potash project in Brazil.
The project is currently in the pre-production phase, meaning that the full-scale deployment of the ERP software is expected to be completed in the coming months. The company’s goal is to double production at the project and improve the domestic potash market in Brazil, which is currently dominated by imports from a handful of other countries. The project has support from the Brazilian government and local communities, as it will generate jobs and balance the potash market, improving costs for the agriculture industry.
The ERP is an important solution for supply chain issues, which have been plaguing the industry for some time now. When the pandemic shut down shipping and borders, backlogs caused delays in the production and shipment of supplies, leading to critical shortages that impacted the entire industry.
This partnership between Brazil Potash and Somar Soluções will help to alleviate these issues and ensure that the Autazes potash project can remain operational and successful while reducing logistics costs and emissions.