The goal of this program is to monitor insect vectors (disease-transmitting mosquitoes) and, if necessary, take action to control their numbers and breeding grounds.
- Request authorization from the environmental authorities to conduct the studies of insects;
- Collect samples in the Autazes Project area and in sampling sites, in habitats that are favourable to occurrence of mosquito populations, prioritizing structures/locations where there are larger concentrations of workers;
- Based on the data collected in the field, the richness and abundance of the taxonomic groups sampled at each sampling site will be calculated. The values obtained will be compared with the records from previous campaigns in order to evaluate the fluctuations in the populations of these species;
- In the event there is a significant increase in the populations of species that are relevant in terms of human health or, if a significant increase in the number of people infected with diseases transmitted by vectors is detected by the Public Health Program, an action plan must be developed and executed to control these species;
- Such a plan may include the collection of stagnant water, the use of larvicide, the use of insecticide and thermal foggers, among other measures.